|Job title:||Regulatory and Compliance Specialist|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 10 years|
|Salary Type:||Cost to Company|
|Job published:||09 February 2022|
|Job reference no:||1811127461|
A Regulatory and Compliance Specialist position has become available at an International Chemical manufacturing company. Fast - paced environment that will suit an organized person with eye for detail. Goal is to contribute by taking the responsibility to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations associated with the sale of chemical products. Risk/Compliance/Chemical qualification and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required. Based in KZN.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of regulatory/ compliance/ risk specialization
- BSc (Chemistry/Engineering), Diploma in Chemistry will be advantageous
- Legal qualification or in-depth knowledge thereof would be advantageous
- 5 – 10 years in a chemical manufacturing plant or related process manufacturing industry
- At least 3 years’ experience as a regulatory compliance specialist, or similar
- Must have a strong regulatory and compliance background.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant corporate governance requirements and South African Regulatory Requirements in related industries
- Extensive knowledge of product regulations pertaining to NSF, FDA, Halaal, etc.
- Ability to communicate at all Levels of the Organization and support the company in driving regulatory compliance campaigns as well as Training.
- Proficiency in office and compliance management software
- Exceptional analytical, investigative, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering.
- Auditing - Manage/conducting internal and external compliance audits aligned to Corporate and Legal requirements and compiling reports
- Coordinating regulatory compliance procedures across the organizational structures
- Monitoring compliance and facilitating interventions to manage risks
- Developing and enacting regulatory compliance strategies
- Providing training in compliance practices and procedures
- Document control related to compliance and maintaining records
- Incident Management/Non- Conformances related to regulatory compliance
- Achieve and maintain compliance with all Legal and other requirements (Public, Customers and Corporate) Requirements
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and developments in the regulatory environment
- Expense Control - accurately handling the day-to-day expenses related to the portfolio
- Consultation and Communication with Stakeholders
- Product Stewardship - Eliminating risks at customer, onsite and during design (new products and engineering)
- Maintaining product registrations
- Assessing product compliance to local and global legislation
- Support compliance to and minimize our risk as per the POPIA legislative requirements, supplier/ customer/ operators
- Implement continuous improvement and project management initiatives.
- Managing the development and review of Safety Data Sheets
Only online applications will be considered. Answer screening questions in full.
If you have not been contacted within 3 months of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Only online applications will be considered. You will be directed to our database service provider, Ditto Jobs. Please complete your application in full. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should any other suitable positions become available, Elchemie will contact you to request your permission to submit your profile to a client.
By submitting your application, you give consent and authorise Elchemie to undertake collection, processing, and further processing of your Personal Information for the purposes of potentially securing employment.
As an applicant you agree to make available to Elchemie all necessary personal information required for the purpose of potentially securing employment and you understand and agree that should you upload personal information and data, that information will be shared with our authorised job placement database service provider, job portals, and -websites, where such an advert is managed by our services and service providers.